The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides nursing care and services to patients in the home. They provide direct care to the client.
Licensed Practical Nurse
- Assist with evaluation, development & implementation of nursing care.
- Observer client’s environment for safety and efficiency.
- Participate in the rehabilitation of client as assigned by supervisor.
- Administers treatment & medicines as per physician plan of treatment.
- Maintains confidentiality, clean, neat image, & therapeutic relationship.
- Recognize differing cultural, spiritual & behavioral needs of individuals.
- Observes, record & report client’s conditions to the registered nurse
Our New York-certified, licensed, registered nurses (RNs) work closely with your physician, family members and to ensure client’s satisfaction. We provide nursing care, post acute care in a nurturing and supportive environment.
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs.
- Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es). Regularly re-evaluates patient’s nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient’s status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan which establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions.
Home Health Aide
Our Home Health Aide professionals provides home management, personal care and health related task to patients and families dealing with chronic illnesses, injuries or disabilities..
- Assist with feeding and dressing.
- Assist with walking, use of walker or wheelchair.
- Accompany patient on trips outside the home
- Assist with transfers from bed to chair or commode and back.
- Washes dishes, scours the kitchen and bathroom sinks,
- Maintains general cleanliness.
- Assist with the care of hair including shampooing and shaving.
Our physical therapy promote wellness, healthy lifestyles, and educate about prevention injuries and loss of movement.
- Assist the physician in evaluating patients by diagnostic, prognostic, nerve, joint and functional ability test..
- Treats patients to relieve pain /or develops problem list and plans of care.
- Work with patient’s health care team in meeting patient’s health care goals.
- Coordinate out-patient services which cannot be giving at home.
- Develops client’s record and report patient’s reactions to medication and /or changes in patient’s conditions.
- Educate patients and families in the proper use of prosthetic, orthotic and assistive devices.
We are proud of all the services we offer, but even more important than what we do is how we do it. At Verdun, we want our clients and their families to feel cared for and supported. We want them to be able to rely on us and live their lives to the fullest, with a sense of well-being, dignity, and trust. We believe our clients and their families deserve home care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability, our Verdun core values. It’s what we call The Verdun Way.